Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Was doing some thinking......

I grew up always having fun. Have always had a lot of friends, strong family life, and very outgoing personality. I played sports year-round and stayed very active in church and school. In the summer approaching my 8th grade year in school, I was diagnosed with stage 4b Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It changed my life. My life was turned upside down and I had no idea what the future would hold for me. I went through 4-6 weeks of vigorous, intrusive, and painful tests and experiments to determine my protocol. After, I went through 6 months of chemotherapy and radiation. I stayed in school but wore a hat..oh and a silver cross around my neck, and had the support towards the numbers of a large army. Everything I did was changed, I could barely hang with my friends because a cold could kill me, and one almost did. See, it isn't going through the sickness that your learn the most from, its coming out the other side and observing how much you have changed from your sickness.The years following created great change in my life as I started to unravel what God had done this for. I was an example.
When you do not have long to live, the only things that really matter are family, friends, relationships, and all the small and major moments you spend with the people on this planet. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, vaporized from the scene. School, work, tv, comedy, drama, he said-she said, world problems, family and friend problems, anything and everything else....never matters. You would be amazed.
So the following years people would tell me how much I have impacted their life and how much an inspiration I was for them. This BLEW ME AWAY. I began giving testimonies and talks to groups about my experience.
What I want to provide here is this: Everything happens for a reason, God has a plan in everyone's life. If you want to know God's plan, take all the tangibles of the world and throw them out of your situation and watch God open up his kingdom for your. From my experiences I have learn that God is in love with us no matter what. There is SOOOO much in this world that tries to keep you preoccupied, disturbed, mistaken, and above all from thinking that God is in control. Open your eyes. Discover what God's plan is for you and wake up every morning asking God what his plan is for your day. He will show you. Giving a month to live will make you humble and full of life. Think about it, you die tomorrow...quick...what is the first couple thoughts that go through your head?? Family? Friends? exactly...what really matters! Live in that moment for an hour, a day, a week, a month...6months! See if it doesn't change the way your think, feel, and interact with the world. i hope you find my story to your advantage. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment